For the last two weeks we have being in Rio de Janeiro having a holiday with my family. It was such a blessing and wonderfully timed as we gear up to help with Liberdade during the World Cup.
– I turned 30 and had the most amazing day including a one hour massage at the famous Copacabana Palace
– I got to see my folks, sister and Rachel
– Our schedule was our own
– Tim and I managed to have a few dates/outings by ourselves.
– We explored Rio with Rio Natural tour group and saw some truly amazing things
Here are some pics…
Christ the Redeemer
Copacabana and Ipanima
Two Brothers hike and Favela tour
– I have been missing out on celebrating some of my closest friends birthdays, this is especially disappointing as most of us are turning 30.
– One of my amazing friends just became an Ironman. If I was in Australia, I would have traveled to Cairns to see her cross the finish line.
– The birth of my niece! God bless SKYPE! We were able to meet Esther this morning via Skype, but I still feel sad that I can’t hold her and kiss her in person. I also wish we were there to support my sister and brother (Tim’s Bro and sister-in-law) as they journey through the first few weeks as a family.
– My cat died. Jimmy was hit by a car and had to be put down. I was and still am totally heartbroken. Tim gave him to me for my 21st birthday and we had 9 years with him. I felt so bad that I couldn’t be there as he was put down, but an amazing friend played him a WhatsApp message from me and cuddled him for me.
So, it’s been a few weeks of highs and personal difficulties, but honestly… I never thought I would be in Rio for my birthday. I am truly blessed! We are currently in Niterio, which is a city across the bay from Rio. We are staying with friends of friends (who are now our friends) and loving our time here. Tim spoke at Pier 49 church on Sunday night and we’ve been able to explore this city a little. We’ll head to Petrópolis on Wednesday, so I’m sure there will be some more interesting updates to come.
Love to all